Apple Crisp Recipe for Better Brain Health
Committing to a mindful diet does not mean losing out on the things you love. Commonly, when exploring healthy eating, people tend to think that means no room for dessert. Brain healthy diets do not restrict! Implement this brain boosting dessert recipe in your diet to start building good eating habits. Here is a quick dessert recipe that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but also provide nutritional benefits!
- 1 large ripe apple (any kind works, however, granny smith or gala apples are recommended)
- 2 Omega 3 Nutrition Granola Bars - Cinnamon Flavor
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, core, and slice the apple into small chunks. Leave skin on. Splash with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine sliced apples, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Put apple mixture in an oven safe ramekin.
- Bake apple mixture for 15 minutes.
- While filling bakes, break Cinnamon Omega 3 Nutrition Bars into small pieces and sprinkle on top of the apple mixture once out of the oven.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the crust is crispy and browned.
- Cool and Enjoy!
All about the ingredientsApples
Apples are loaded with fiber that aids in digestion and gut health. Their skin is loaded with antioxidants. Also, they are a good source of vitamin C. Harvard School of Public Health shows that apples may lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.Cinnamon
Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants. It has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and lower blood sugar. Cinnamon has been said to help protect against infections, cancer, heart disease, and neurodegenerative diseases.Nutmeg
Nutmeg is high in antioxidants, which helps with decreasing signs of aging. Nutmeg may also protect against serious conditions like cancer, liver disease, and heart disease. It also has antibacterial properties to improve dental health. Lastly, it may improve mood and sleep quality.Omega 3 bars
Omega 3 bars are packed with 1250 MG of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is not only important for physical health, but mental health too. Omega-3 has been shown to improve mood, memory, anxiety and depression symptoms, and brain function. It may also decrease risk of heart disease, cancer, inflammation and visible aging. Omega 3 bars contain all that you need to ensure your body gets its recommended amount of omega-3 to support your health. Because omega-3 fatty acids are not produced naturally by your body, you have to get them from the foods you eat. Omega 3 bars are very versatile and can be easily incorporated in many meals.
Commitment to brain health
At Omega 3 we aim to encourage nutrition for brain health. We want to show you that you can still enjoy the foods you love and take care of your brain. Try out this recipe and let us know what you think!